4 pieces of salmon (approx. 2 lbs)
2 large handfuls of spinach
4 oz room temp cream cheese
2 oz shredded parmesan cheese
2 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
½ tsp salt
½ tsp black pepper
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp onion powder
1 tsp Old Bay
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp butter
1) Mix the dry seasonings together in a small bowl, and set aside.
2) Sauté the spinach in a clean skillet on medium heat (no oil needed) until wilted. Roughly chop the cooked spinach.
3) Add the room temp cream cheese, the cooked spinach, the parmesan cheese, and the mozzarella cheese to a bowl. Season with 1 tsp of the seasoning blend and mix until well incorporated.
4) Clean and pat dry the salmon. Removing the skin is optional. Make deep slits into the sides of the salmon pieces, being careful not to cut all the way through.
5) Season the salmon top and bottom with the seasoning blend. (Use your judgement; add more seasoning to taste if desired.)
6) Generously stuff the salmon pieces with the spinach and cream cheese mixture.
7) Add the olive oil and butter to a skillet on medium (or just above medium) heat. When the butter has melted (but not brown), add the stuffed salmon pieces to the pan. Cook for 5-6 minutes on each side.
Serve with garlic-parmesan Israeli couscous, mashed potatoes, or white or brown rice with a vegetable of choice. Enjoy!