1 peach, cored and sliced to get 8 half-inch slices (you may only use half of the peach)
1 tube of big & buttery crescent rolls (it comes divided into 8)
1 stick or ½ cup butter, melted
¾ cup of granulated cane sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
Approx. 6 oz of 7-Up, Sprite, or Mountain Dew (or any light carbonated drink)
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Prep ingredients as directed. Butter or spray a 9 x 9-inch casserole dish.
2) Mix the sugar and cinnamon into the melted butter, and set aside.
3) Open the tube of crescent roll dough and separate along the perforated edges. Wrap each peach slice into each triangular piece of dough. Begin at the larger edge, roll it up, then tuck the ends in so that almost no part of the peach is visible. Place the dumplings into the greased dish.
4) Scoop the large spoons of the cinnamon-sugar-butter mixture directly on top of each dumpling.
5) Pour the soda/carbonated drink along any open spaces in the dish. DO NOT pour it directly on top of the dumplings.
6) Place the dish with the dumplings in the preheated oven. Bake uncovered for 50 minutes.
7) Remove the baked dumplings from the oven and let it rest until it stops bubbling and sets a bit ~ approximately 3-5 minutes.
Serve warm with vanilla ice cream. Feel free to drizzle some of the pan drippings on top. Enjoy!