1.5 cups all-purpose flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3 tbsp granulated sugar
1-1.25 cups milk
2 tbsp melted unsalted butter
1 large egg
1 tsp vinegar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1) Mix together the dry ingredients, then mix in the wet ingredients. (Start with one cup of milk and save 1/4 cup in case you need more to get the batter to the desired consistency.) Don’t over mix; it’s OK if there are a few small lumps in the batter.
2) Let the batter rest for 10 minutes. During this time, heat up a pan on medium to medium-low heat.
3) When the pan is hot, add a couple tablespoons of oil and give it a minute to heat up.
4) Pour in the batter for one to two pancakes at a time depending on the size of the pan (just don’t overcrowd the pan).
5) When bubbles start to form on the top and the edges start to crisp, it’s time to flip. (Adjust heat as needed if you feel your pancakes are too dark or light.)