Prep time: 5 minutes
Ready in: 20 minutes
10 corn tortillas, cut into sixths
Vegetable oil for frying
Queso (can be store-bought)
2 packets of Hereford Beef Taco Filling
- The remaining ingredients are optional or can be swapped for whatever you like -
Diced red onion
Chopped jalapeño peppers
Shredded Mexican-mixed cheese
Chopped scallion/spring onion
Guacamole or guacamole salsa
1) Prep the toppings, which can include red onion, jalapeño peppers, tomatoes, scallion, shredded cheeses, sour cream, or guacamole.
2) Fry the tortilla chips in batches (so as not to overcrowd the pan) in a generous amount of oil on medium heat for about 2-3 minutes, flipping occasionally until golden. Set aside each batch on a wire rack, and salt generously to taste while still hot.
3) Separately warm the queso and the Hereford Beef Taco Filling according to package instructions.
4) Place the tortilla chips on a serving tray, and begin building the nachos. Recommended order: queso, Hereford Beef Taco Filling, red onion, jalapeño peppers, shredded cheese, tomatoes, scallion, a few dollops of sour cream, and then guacamole salsa. Amounts of each are subject to your preference.
Serve warm and enjoy!
Hereford Proteins provides shelf-stable, ready-to-eat protein products with great taste at a great value. To learn more about Hereford Proteins products, visit www.herefordfoods.com.
This post was sponsored by Hereford Proteins; however, the recipe and opinions expressed are my own.