1 small green cabbage, cored and roughly chopped
1 tbsp cooking oil
1 small onion, diced
½ green bell pepper, diced
½ red bell pepper, diced
4 garlic cloves, minced
½-1 lb smoked ham, cut up
½ tsp black pepper
½ tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp all-purpose seasoning
1 tbsp brown sugar (optional)
1 tbsp salted butter
1) Heat oil in a skillet on medium heat.
2) Add the onion, bell peppers, and garlic to the skillet, and sauté until translucent.
3) Add the smoked ham to the skillet. Mix in well.
4) Add the cabbage to the skillet with a tbsp of butter. Cover and allow the cabbage to steam for about 5-8 minutes (depending on how tender you like your cabbage).
5) Once the cabbage is tender to your liking, mix everything well.
6) Season the cabbage with the black pepper, smoked paprika, and all-purpose seasoning. Add brown sugar if desired. Mix well.