1 box fettuccine pasta (approx. 1 lb. ~ might not use all)
1 lb jumbo shrimp
2 tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
1/2 yellow onion, chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 green bell pepper, sliced
1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
1/2 orange bell pepper, sliced
1 scallion stalks, chopped
Leaves of 4 thyme sprigs
1 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
1 tbsp Old Bay seasoning, divided
1 tbsp jerk seasoning, divided
1/4 tsp ground allspice
2 tbsp butter
1 pint heavy cream -OR- heavy coconut cream
4 oz parmesan, shredded
2 oz mozzarella, shredded
1) Prep: Season clean shrimp with 1/2 tbsp old bay and 1/2 tbsp jerk seasoning. Prep vegetables.
2) Bring a pot of water to a boil. Liberally salt the water, then add the fettuccine pasta and boil al dente according to package instructions. (The pasta will get more tender once it cooks a bit more in the sauce.) Drain the pasta, reserve 1/2 cup pasta water, set aside.
3) In a skillet over medium-high heat, add oil. Cook shrimp for 2 minutes on each side, then set aside.
4) Reduce the heat to medium. In the same skillet, add the butter. Add the onions, sauté for a couple minutes, then add garlic, thyme, and allspice. Sauté for a another minute, then add the bell peppers. Sauté for another two minutes, then add the heavy cream.
5) Allow the cream to come to a rolling simmer for about 3 minutes until it begins to thicken. Season with the rest of the old bay, jerk seasoning, and parsley. Then, reduce the heat to low, and mix in the parmesan and mozzarella.
6) Once the cheese melts and is fully incorporated into the sauce, and the sauce is the consistency of your liking, add the fettuccine to the sauce and combine everything well, then mix in the cooked shrimp. The pasta will absorb a lot of the sauce, so mix in the reserved pasta water as needed.