2.5 lbs chicken (I used skinless chicken legs and thighs)
3 tbsp avocado oil (to drizzle chicken, sear, and sauté)
2 tsp all-purpose seasoning
2 tsp chicken seasoning
2 tsp jerk seasoning
2 tsp smoked paprika
Salt or seasoned salt to taste – optional
1 small onion, chopped
4 garlic, minced
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp fresh green seasoning
1.5 cups jasmine rice
1 Maggi chicken bouillon cube
2 tsp Bijol (or more according to preference)
2.5 cups low-sodium chicken broth or water
1) Drizzle clean chicken with 1 tbsp avocado oil, then season with the all-purpose seasoning, chicken seasoning, jerk seasoning, smoked paprika, and salt to taste (optional).
2) Sear the chicken in a cast-iron or oven-safe skillet with 1 tbsp avocado oil on medium-high heat for about 5 minutes on each side until nice and brown.
3) Remove the chicken from the skillet, reduce the heat to medium low, and add another tbsp of avocado oil. Add the bell pepper, onion, and garlic to the skillet with 2 tbsp butter and 2 tbsp fresh green seasoning (blended onion, scallion, garlic, thyme, allspice, scotch bonnet, and other ingredients – my recipe is in every one of my e-cookbooks).
4) Add clean rice to the skillet and season with a maggi chicken bouillon cube and bijol for color. Stir really well, then add chicken broth or water and give it a stir along with chopped spinach.
5) Add the chicken back to the skillet with its juices, cover with foil, and bake in a 350-degree Fahrenheit oven for about 40 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked.