1 tin corned beef (I used less sodium)
1/2 onion, chopped
1/4 green bell pepper, chopped
1/4 red bell pepper, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 scotch bonnet, minced
1 scallion, chopped
Few thyme sprigs
2 tbsp cooking oil
black pepper to taste
all-purpose seasoning (optional, to taste)
2 tbsp ketchup
a little water if needed
1) Sauté the onion, bells peppers, garlic, scotch bonnet, scallion, and thyme in hot cooking oil on medium heat for about 2 minutes.
2) Add the corned beef and break it down in the pot.
3) Season with black pepper and all-purpose seasoning. Mix it in.
4) Add the ketchup. Mix it in.
5) Reduce the heat to low. Mix in a little water if needed to get the corned beef to your desired consistency.
6) Leave it on the heat for about 5 minutes to allow corned beef to continue to warm and absorb the flavors in the pot.
Enjoy with plain white rice or fried or boiled dumplings!