1 medium cabbage, cut into half-inch strips and cleaned
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 green bell pepper, sliced
1 medium onion, sliced
4 garlic cloves, minced
4 strips bacon, cut into small pieces
12 oz smoked turkey sausage, sliced
2 tbsp to ¼ cup chicken broth (if needed)
1 tsp old bay seasoning
½ tsp adobo seasoning
½ tsp complete seasoning
1) Prepare (clean and cut) your vegetables, turkey sausage, and bacon.
2) In a large skillet, fry the bacon pieces until crispy on medium-high heat. Remove. Then add the turkey pieces to the bacon grease until browned on both sides. Remove.
3) Turn the heat down to medium. Add the bell peppers, onion, and garlic to the pan. Sauté for a few minutes, then add the cabbage. Cover with a lid and let steam for 5-10 minutes (according to your preference of doneness).
4) Mix the vegetables well. If you feel the skillet needs a bit of moisture, add some chicken broth. Season with the old bay, adobo, and complete seasoning to taste.
5) Add the bacon and smoked sausage to the cabbage. Incorporate everything well.
Serve with as a meal with cornbread or as a soul food side dish. Enjoy!