2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1 tbsp all-purpose or chicken seasoning
1 tsp seasoned salt
½ tsp black pepper
½ tsp ground allspice
¼ tsp ground cloves
¼ tsp coriander
1 chicken bouillon cube
1 tsp garlic paste
1 tsp ginger paste
1 tbsp fresh green seasoning
2 tbsp Caribbean curry powder, divided
2 tbsp coconut oil
½ medium onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 scallion, chopped
½ scotch bonnet pepper (optional), seeds removed, chopped
1 medium potato, cut small
2 carrots, diced
2 celery ribs, diced
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp all-purpose flour
Leaves of 4 thyme sprigs
Leaves of 2 rosemary sprigs, chopped
1 tsp dried oregano
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup heavy coconut cream
(½ cup more of heavy coconut cream or regular heavy cream if needed)
2 puff pastry sheets
1 egg + 1 tsp water for egg wash
1) Clean then season boneless, skinless chicken thighs with all-purpose or chicken seasoning, seasoned salt, black pepper, ground allspice, ground cloves, coriander, chicken bouillon, garlic paste, ginger paste, fresh green seasoning, and 1 tbsp Caribbean curry powder. Set aside and let marinate for at least one hour.
2) In a skillet on medium-high heat, add 2 tbsp coconut oil. Sear the chicken for 5 minutes on each side. Remove and set aside.
3) Turn the heat down to medium. To the same skillet, add onion and garlic. Sauté for about a minute, then add the potato, carrots, and celery. Allow the veggies to cook for about 5 minutes, then add the butter, flour, thyme, rosemary, oregano, and scallion. Mix in well.
4) Add the chicken broth and 1 cup heavy coconut cream to the skillet. Stir in and let simmer until thickened and the potatoes are cooked. Shred the chicken and add it back to the skillet. Incorporate everything well. (If you feel the pot pie filling is too thick for your liking, add more coconut or regular heavy cream.)
5) Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Roll out two puff pastry sheets. Place one pastry sheet to the bottom of a pie dish, add the curry chicken filling to the top, then add the second pastry sheet to the top. Pinch the edges, and use a fork to make a design on the outer edge all the way around. Brush the pot pie with the egg wash, and cut slits in the top center to vent. Bake for 30 minutes until golden brown.
After allowing the pie to rest for 10-15 minutes, enjoy!