1.5 lbs steak (flank, ribeye, or sirloin), tenderized and thinly sliced
1 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
1 tbsp mushroom soy sauce
2 tsp oyster sauce
1 tsp hoisin sauce
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp white pepper
½ tsp ginger powder
1 tsp cornstarch
1.5 cups broccoli florets
¼ cup brown sugar
¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
¼ cup beef stock
2 tsp sesame oil
2 tbsp cornstarch
½ tsp red pepper flakes
2 tsp garlic paste or freshly minced garlic
2 tsp ginger paste or freshly grated ginger
1 tsp browning
1) Tenderize the steaks by gently using a meat mallet and then thinly slicing, or slice first then soak in a 1 cup water / 1 tbsp baking powder solution for 10 minutes. Rinse and pat dry before seasoning.
2) Season the steak slices with 1 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce, 1 tbsp mushroom soy sauce, 2 tsp oyster sauce, 1 tsp hoisin sauce, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp white pepper, ½ tsp ginger powder, and 1 tsp cornstarch.
3) Make the sauce by whisking together the sauce ingredients listed.
4) Heat a few tablespoons of vegetable oil in a large wok or cast-iron skillet on medium-high heat. Cook the steaks until browned, then remove.
5) Turn the heat down to medium-low. Add clean broccoli florets to the skillet, then add the sauce to simmer for a few minutes. When the sauce begins to thicken, add the steak back to the skillet, and incorporate everything well.
Serve over white rice. Garnish with sesame seeds, if desired. Enjoy!