1.5 lbs chicken (I used 5 chicken legs)
1.5 tbsp fresh Caribbean green seasoning (optional) – my recipe for green seasoning is in all of my e-cookbooks
1.5 tsp Jamaican chicken seasoning (or 2 tsp if not using green seasoning)
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp seasoned salt
½ tsp black pepper
BBQ sauce of choice (store-bought or homemade) – as much or little as you’d like
1) Lightly coat a grill pan on medium-high heat with cooking oil of choice.
2) Char the chicken in the grill pan on all sides for a few minutes on each side (about 10 minutes total).
3) Coat the chicken liberally with BBQ sauce.
4) Finish cooking the chicken in a 375-degree Fahrenheit oven for 40 minutes or until fully cooked. Flip half way through.
5) Brush again with BBQ sauce, if desired.
Serve with any style of rice, mashed potatoes, or vegetable dish. There's an amazing rice & peas recipe in my e-cookbook, Island Soul Recipes Vol.1 (click on the cookbooks tabs).