1 box pre-made puff pastry
8 oz plain cream cheese
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2) Roll out the puff pastry sheets until flat and smooth (but not much thinner than they already are).
3) Divide each sheet into four.
4) Add 2 tbsp of guava preserves and 2 tbsp of cream cheese to one side of each piece of puff pastry, but not too close to the outer edges.
5) Beat 1 egg in a bowl and use a cooking brush to brush the edges of each pastry. Fold the empty side over the filling, and pinch to seal. You can use a fork if you wish.
6) Cut two slits at the top of each pastelito, then brush on some of the beaten egg.
7) Place the pastelitos onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
8) Bake for about 20-30 minutes or until golden brown.
9) While the pastelitos bake, make a simple syrup with equal parts water and sugar (2-3 tbsp of each should be fine). Warm it in a small saucepan on the stovetop.
10) Once the pastelitos have finished baking, brush the simple syrup on top, and they’re done.