4 1lb whole fish of choice (snapper works well)
1 lb fresh slightly steamed callaloo or one (1) 13.5 oz can callaloo
½ lb pumpkin, cut small
½ onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
Leaves of 2 thyme sprigs
½ scotch bonnet pepper, sliced
½ bell pepper, diced
¼ tsp crushed pimento seeds
2 tsp all-purpose seasoning
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
8 tbsp butter
1) Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Gut, scale, and clean fish with lime, vinegar, and water. Slice three slits on each side of each fish being careful not to slice all the way through.
2) Season each fish with ¼ tsp (or to taste) of salt, pepper, and all-purpose seasoning. Season the outside, inside, and inside the slits.
3) In a bowl, add steamed or canned callaloo along with pumpkin, onion, garlic, thyme, scotch bonnet pepper, bell pepper, pimento, and 1 tsp all-purpose seasoning. Mix well.
4) On four (4) squares of heavy-duty foil, smear 1 tbsp of butter each. Place one seasoned fish on each piece of foil.
5) Stuff each fish with callaloo mixture well, but don’t over stuff. Place remaining callaloo on top of each fish. Place ½ tbsp butter inside each fish, and ½ tbsp butter on top (over the callaloo).
6) Wrap stuffed fish tightly with foil, folding over the edges so no liquid or steam can escape.
7) Place a wire rack on top of a large baking pan so the fish will be elevated while roasting to ensure even cooking. Bake/roast the fish for 40 minutes.
8) Remove from the oven, and let rest for 5 minutes before opening and enjoying.
Serve with roast breadfruit or fried festival. Enjoy!