2 chicken breasts
24-30 jumbo pasta shells (may not use all)
3 huge handfuls of spinach
4 tbsp olive oil
4 tbsp butter
½ medium yellow onion, chopped
6 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp basil paste
1 cup marinara sauce
2 cups heavy cream
2 tbsp all-purpose seasoning
1 tbsp Italian seasoning
16 oz shredded parmesan cheese
16 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
15 oz ricotta cheese
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
1) Rub clean chicken breasts with 2 tbsp olive oil, then season with 1 tbsp all-purpose seasoning and 1 tbsp Italian seasoning. Bake in a 375-degree Fahrenheit oven for 30 minutes. Use two forks to shred the cooked chicken breasts, and set aside.
2) In skillet over medium heat, add 3 huge handfuls of spinach. Use tongs to toss the spinach over the heat until it begins to wilt. Remove and set aside.
3) In a medium mixing bowl, add 15 oz ricotta cheese, shredded chicken, wilted spinach, 4 oz parmesan cheese, 4 oz mozzarella cheese, beaten egg, and 1 tsp all-purpose seasoning. Mix with a fork until well combined. Set aside.
4) Boil the jumbo pasta shells according to package instructions for al dente.
5) While the shells boil, make the sauce. Start with 2 tbsp of olive oil and 4 tbsp butter in a skillet on medium heat. Once the butter melts, add the chopped onion and minced garlic, and let cook for 2 minutes.
6) Add the basil paste to the pan, and mix well. Then, add the marinara sauce, heavy cream, and remaining 2 tsp of all-purpose seasoning. Stir, and bring to a simmer. Add parsley (but reserve some for topping and garnish). Stir.
7) Turn off the heat from under the sauce. Add 4 oz of parmesan cheese and 4 oz of mozzarella cheese. Stir well. Set aside.
8) Cover the bottom of a large 9-inch by 12-inch casserole dish with a layer of sauce. Begin stuffing the pasta shells with the chicken, spinach, and ricotta mixture. You may not use all 30 shells, and some may have broken while boiling, which is OK.
9) Assemble the stuffed shells on top of the sauce in the pan. Sprinkle some of the remaining parmesan and mozzarella cheeses over the shells, then ladle the excess sauce on top. Use the rest of the cheeses to cover the top. Lastly, top with chopped parsley.
10) Bake in a 375-degree Fahrenheit oven for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven, and allow to rest on the stovetop for 10 minutes before digging in.