2 chicken breasts, halved then thinly sliced
½ green bell pepper, sliced
½ red or yellow bell pepper, sliced
½ red onion, sliced
½ tomato (optional), chopped
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
½ tsp smoked paprika
½ tsp chili powder
½ tsp ground cumin
½ tsp black pepper
1 chicken maggi cube
2 tbsp mojo marinade
6-8 soft flour taco shells
Cheeses of choice (I used mild cheddar and mozzarella)
1) Season the sliced chicken with a seasoning blend using all of the listed powdered seasonings.
2) In a large pan on medium heat, add 2 tbsp vegetable oil. Add the seasoned chicken, and gently toss with a wooden spoon in the pan until cooked (approx. 8 minutes).
3) Add in the sliced bell peppers, red onion, tomatoes (if using) and mojo marinade. Cook for an additional 2-4 minutes. Remove from the pan.
4) Temporarily remove the pan from the heat to gently wipe it out out with a clean paper towel, then add it pack to medium heat. Heat another 2 tbsp fresh vegetable oil in the pan. Add as many taco shells will fit without overlapping. Toast for 1-2 minutes, then flip.
5) Begin building the tacos by adding the cheeses (as much or little as you’d like) and some of the chicken fajita filling. Close the tacos while in the pan, remove, and repeat until all of the taco shells are filled.
Serve with sour cream, guacamole, and/or pico de gallo, and enjoy!