This recipe was made possible by Hillside Harvest.
1.5 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp kosher salt (or to taste)
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp smoked paprika
½ tsp black pepper
½ tsp dried oregano
½ tsp red pepper flakes
2 tbsp salted butter
¼ medium yellow onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
1.5 cups orzo
½ cup white wine – optional
2 cups chicken stock or water
1 cup heavy cream
1-2 tbsp Hillside Harvest Jamaican Jerk Marinade, according to preference
½ cup pecorino romano cheese, shredded
2 large handfuls baby spinach
¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes
½-1 tbsp Hillside Harvest Sun-Kissed Tomato Hot Sauce, according to preference
1 tbsp chopped parsley for garnish
1) Season clean chicken thighs with kosher salt, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, black pepper, dried oregano, red pepper flakes, 1 tsp of the Hillside Harvest Jamaican Jerk Marinade, and 1 tbsp of olive oil. Massage the seasonings into the chicken thighs well, then set aside.
2) Heat a large cast-iron or oven-safe skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Add 2 tbsp olive oil. Sear the chicken thighs for 3 minutes per side. Set aside.
3) Turn the heat down to medium heat and preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Add 2 tbsp salted butter to the pan along with the chopped onion and minced garlic. Toss around in the pan for about 1 minute, then add the orzo.
4) Toast the orzo by ensuring it’s fully coated by the butter in the pan and stir for about 2 minutes. Deglaze the pan with the white wine (optional), stir well until the wine is absorbed, then add the chicken stock or water.
5) Once the liquid comes to a rolling simmer and reduces by about half (approx. 5 minutes), add the heavy cream.
6) Bring everything to a simmer again (about 2 minutes), then add the Hillside Harvest Jamaican Jerk Marinade and most of the pecorino romano cheese (reserve some for topping). Stir it into the orzo well for about 3 minutes.
7) Next, add the spinach and sun-dried tomatoes. Stir it in well until the spinach begins to wilt. Add the Hillside Harvest Sun-Kissed Tomato Hot Sauce and incorporate well.
8) Add the chicken and its juices back to the pan atop the orzo. Top with the remaining pecorino romano cheese.
9) Place the pan of Tuscan Jerk Chicken Orzo in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.
10) Top with freshly chopped parsley and let it rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Purchase Hillside Harvest hot sauces and marinades at www.hillsidesauce.com. Enjoy!